Aunt Gerda´s apple-cinnamon waffles with hot cherries
|for 10 Persons|
|562 g flour|
|330 g sugar|
|450 g butter|
|10 tbsp apple sauce|
|egg white of 10 eggs|
|10 egg yolks|
|2 1/2 tsp baking powder|
|2 1/2 tsp cinnamon|
|1 jar cherries|
|1 tbsp starch|
- Beat the egg whites until creamy.
- Melt the butter and add to the egg whites together alternating with the sugar and egg yolks.
- Mix until creamy.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and cinna-mon, and stir into the creamy mixture.
- Now add the apple sauce and milk. Drain the cherries using a sieve and keep the juice.
- Mix several spoons of cherry juice and the starch to make a smooth paste.
- Place the rest of the juice in a pan, bring to a boil and sweeten to taste.
- Add the cherries and thicken using the cherry juice and starch paste.
Serve the waffles with the hot cherries and en-joy!